Level 1 Blood Flow Restriction Training Ελλάδα
Κατοχυρώστε σήμερα την θέση σας στο Σεμινάριο
25/01/2020 09:00 Αθήνα
22/02/2020 09:00 Θεσσαλονίκη
Vasileios G Vasilarakis PT,MSc
Harry Valsamidis MD,PMR
Konstantinos Asimotos PT
Dimitrios Kaplanis PT
Evangelia Sikioti PT
What is the buzz all about surrounding blood flow restriction training (BFR)?
You should be asking yourself that as a health professional. With almost 200 peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature the efficacy and safety cannot be denied.
By applying a pneumatic tourniquet to exercising limbs you can:
- Increase strength
- Increase hypertrophy
- Increase VO2 Max
BFR is the act of safely restricting venous blood flow from a working muscle, but allowing arterial blood flow to that working muscle. This is done primarily with low intensity resistance training. Since the ability of that blood to escape is dramatically reduced, metabolic stress and cellular swelling are greatly increased.
So what does this mean for you the health professional?
- Drastically improve your patients’ post-surgical recovery time
- Treat muscle atrophy in both acute and chronic pain patients
- Use as accessory work into your client programming for less stress on joints and tendons
- Increase your endurance athlete’s VO2 Max with as little as 2x/week BFR training
- Separate yourself from other clinicians by performing the latest, evidenced-based rehab/exercise program
This course will cover:
- The wide range of benefits of BFR training
- Contraindications to BFR and when and where it should be applied
- How to safely screen and assess your patient/client prior to BFR
- How to safely apply BFR cuffs for the upper and lower extremity
- Compare and contrast different uses of BFR from bed ridden to athletic performance training
- Develop and devise a rehab program for your patients and clients
- Want help your patients and clients safely and effectively reach their goals? Come check out this 1-day BFR certification course and revolutionize your practice and training program.
The Smart Cuffs BFR certification course that Dr. Ed Le Cara put on in San Jose was fantastic. He was extremely knowledgeable about the subject matter and was able to deliver the information in a way that the practitioners in the room could immediately apply. The content was a perfect blend of evidence with real world experience. The amount of information I was able to take away from a one day course was amazing and I highly recommend this course to people working in all areas of the human performance field.
Chase Phelps, MS, RSCC, Director of Sports Science, Stanford University